Building shared libraries under cygwin
- From: Maarten Boekhold <boekhold emirates net ae>
- To: gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Building shared libraries under cygwin
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 19:19:46 +0400
I'm trying to build GTK+2.4.3, Pango 1.4, GLib 2.4.2 and ATK 1.6.0 under
Cygwin, and it's not going completely right. It seems that not all
shared libraries are build correctly.
1. I managed to get ATK to build correctly with shared libraries, but: I
had to modify atk/Makefile.in:39 to add a $(srcdir) in front of the
atk.def file (otherwise it didn't build in a vpath).
2. GLib builds correctly as far as I can tell.
3. Pango doesn't build all the shared libraries correctly. I'm trying to
build this under an X11 environment, and for example pangoxft doesn't
build as a shared library due to missing symbols. Presumable this needs
a separate 'pangoxft.def' file? From the compilation output I know that
there are a (small) number of other shared liraries that also fail to
build due to missing/undefined symbols.
Are there any fixes to pango to get it to build the shared libraries
Kind regards, Maarten
ps. In case this is fixed in CVS, are there any snapshots available? On
my system (cygwin) I can't go through the autoconf stuff because
packages like jade/openjade are not available...
] [Thread Prev