dependecies

 I wrote ./configure and pressed Enter
after that a message came that said
"Pango 1.20 and Xft backend is required for x11 target"
Although I have installed Pango 1.4 from the gtk.org site.
I found xft but I could'nt install it because wanted xrender.
I found xrender but when I did make for xft the xft gave me error.
Probably because I haven't render (not xrender) package. My question
is what are the "real dependencies" that gtk+ 2.4 has and if you
could give a more complete installation guide because I am beginner

Thank you too much!