Re: Mapping of Windows APIs to GTK APIs ?

Thanks John for your quick reply.

It is not MFC,  it is using C and SDK. Threre are plenty of Windows SDK APIs used e.g OleCreateStaticFromData().
I couldn't find mapping for such APIs in GTK API Reference manual.

So as it is difficult to find equivalnet of each and every API,
I guessed there must be something which will give me such mapping with GTK at some extent.

And right now I am doing the same as you suggested. (Looks very time consuming) :-)

Thanks and regards,
Dipak G Patil.

John Cupitt <john cupitt ng-london org uk>

06/11/2004 04:49 PM

Dipak G Patil/India/IBM IBMIN
cc
gtk-list gnome org
Subject

Dipak G Patil wrote:
> I am porting a application from Windows To Linux using GTK.
> For that I would need to map Windows APIs to GTK APIs.
> Could you please tell me, where would I find such mapping of Windows APIs
> to GTK APIs ?

Sorry Dipak, they are *very* different (I guess you mean MFC vs. GTK?). I think you will find it easier to just start again.

I would read the GTK tutorial:

 http://gtk.org/tutorial/

and then try writing some small test applications.

John