Re: Stupid question regarding g_thread_init() and gtk_threads_init()

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 04:27, NavEcos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > "NavEcos" <ecos navosha com> writes:
> >
> > > Or why doesn't, say, gdk_threads_enter() say with an ASSERT "hey
> > > stupid: I noticed that g_thread_init() was never called".
> >
> > But that's exactly what the code does:
> >
> > void
> > gdk_threads_init ()
> > {
> >   if (!g_thread_supported ())
> >     g_error ("g_thread_init() must be called before gdk_threads_init()");
>
> Told you I was stupid.
>
> But if you remember, my original message included the fact that I've only
> been using g_thread_init() in my previous code in GTK 1.3(?) and I have
> never had an XSync error doing that.  My question was, has that always been
> a bug?  Why didn't my previous code ever crash?  I've only had problems
> since I upgraded to 2.x

I responded earlier on this thread and gave some history as to why the
change was made. And pointed out that the change was noted in
documentation as to what changed in GTK+-2.0.

GTK+-1.2 to GTK+-2.0 was a major upgrade; a lot of stuff changed. We
don't do that sort of major change very often. (The 2.0 release was
over 2 years ago now.)

Regards,
						Owen