File dialog box save overwrite problem

Hi All,
I am writing a programme, if the user clicks on a
button then i am displaying the filedialog box and
reading the filename entered by the user, when user
clicks on Ok button of the file dialog box and
creating a file with that name(To store some
information for my application).
Problem is when user types a name that already exists
in that directory then i want to display a message to
the user about the situation. I could not get any idea
about how can i check whether the file name already
exists using filedialog box. Any help will be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Prasanti.