Re: blurry text

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:59:53 +0200, Justyna Sidorska <js201093 zodiac mimuw edu pl>  said:
> I use WindowMaker and Slackware 10.0. Text (buttons, menu etc.) in some
> applications is a little bit blurry. I guess what these apps have in common
> is that they are based on gtk+. Is there any way to get the text sharp ?
> Please help - I've been searching for a solution to this problem for a long
> time with no success.

Complaints of "blurry" text usually are one of these three:

1) anti-alias of a font that shouldn't have been (or AA against a wrong background color)

2) Failure to use anti-aliasing when it would have been useful.

3) Rescaling of a bitmap font.

A screen capture (small one, 100x100 is plenty) of the "blurry" text would help
a lot in diagnosing, especially if you're also able to tell us if it's gtk1 or gtk2,
and what font you asked for, and what font it's trying to use (the last 2 can be
different from each other)...