gtk_input_add_full problem

I'm developing a real time application with rtai and
two processes that has to comunicate each other. One
process (real time) sends data every 10ms to a FIFO
(/dev/rtf0) and the other process (gtk) has to get
those from that FIFO. The gtk process doesn't have to
get those messages in real time, so it reads until the
FIFO is empty on every call.
I have used gtk_input_add_full with that file
(/dev/rtf0).
On the function I read the FIFO until it's empty and
then I show the last data in an entry text.
The problem is that my function is called a few times
(2 or 3) and then the application is closed wit signal
14 (Alarm Clock). The real time application keeps
sending data until the FIFO is full, so it's not
because no data is ready on a 10ms period.
Why is this acting like this? Does it has some kind of
timeout?
Thank you in advance.

Yahoo! lanza su nueva tecnología de búsquedas
¿te atreves a comparar?
http://busquedas.yahoo.es