gtk-demo files and docu

There is an excellent demo available in the
documenation if gtk. It runs with the commmand:
 $ gtk-demo
It contains certain function calls and widgets. I have
studied the gtk tutorial 1.2 and 2.0. But I did not
find reference to GtkTextBuffer widget and the
gtk_message_dialog_new() etc.

My questions are:

1) Where do I find documentaions for these functions
and widgets etc?

2) In the source code of the gtk-demo, there is an
include file "demo-common.h". where can I get if from?

Thanks.
bye
shiraz