Re: How would I use casting ?

Hi,

Thanks Vincent for your reply.Solution you provided removed errors from my program,
 but still it doesnt show anything :-( Here the the original program.

Could you please tell me whats wrong with the following example ?
Why it doesnt show anything ?

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    /* GtkWidget is the storage type for widgets */
    GtkWidget *window;

    gtk_init(&argc, &argv);

    /* create a new window */

   /******* This is what you suggested *******/
    //gtk_widget_realize(window);
    //gdk_window_maximize(window->window);

    /* Maximizes the window */
    gtk_window_maximize(GTK_WINDOW(window));

    /* All GTK applications must have a gtk_main(). Control ends here
     * and waits for an event to occur (like a key press or
     * mouse event). */
    gtk_main ();

    return(0);
}