Re: How to register a window in GTK ?

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 11:04:05AM +0530, Dipak G Patil wrote:

> Could you please tell me how can I register a window class in GTK, as I
> did not find anything for the same, like there is API RegisterClassEx in
> windows?

There's not a direct equivalent AFAICT.  I think it's better to derive a
new object from GtkWindow.  Here's how:

  http://le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/

Then you can do:

  MyWindow *window = my_window_new();
  GtkWindow *gtkwindow = GTK_WINDOW(window);

> Also, does gtk_widget_show repaints its own window area, as I did not find
> function like windows UdateWindow().

It shows the widget.  You don't usually need to care about repainting,
which is taken care of for you.

--
Roger Leigh