Re: linux framebuffer support?

Salman Haq ha scritto lo scorso 08/07/04 22.57:
Hello All,

I am trying to develop a python based application that I want to run in a linux console. For simple graphics, I will use pygtk. My question is, what do I need inorder to run my application in a text console rather than X-window environment.

A modified version of Gtk+ and DirectFB (http://www.directfb.org). I am currently in the process of understanding how it works in order to port a gtk application with this technique but, at this time, I cannot say if it works or not :-)

I already have GTK and pyGTK installed and working correctly.

Hmm, I don't know if python bindings for the modified gtk libraries have been provided by directfb guys.

Carlo

--
/*
 *	Imagination is more important