Re: Pango offscreen at client side?

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:31:27 +0300, Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia nic funet fi> wrote:
> I did check pangoft2topgm.c but because installer did not found
> the freetype2 in RedHat, I could not use it.

What a shame. There should be a package for ft2, it's strange it won't go on.

This might help you: here's part of an old program of mine (before I
discovered how to render text on the client side):

http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/~john/imageinfo.c

search for imageinfo_paint_text() ... it paints a text string with
pango over X to an off-screen pixmap, then fetches that pixmap from
the server to the clent and unpacks it into an array of 8-bit values.

John