Re: pkg-config

Serdar-

The reason that setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/bin" isn't working
for you is that you need to set PKG_CONFIG when you invoke the
configure:

sh PKG_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/pkg-config ./configure

The PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable, if you intend to use it, should be set
before invoking configure as well.  This variable, though, is not
intended (from what I've observed) for telling the configure script how
to locate pkg-config;  rather, it is used for telling pkg-config where
too look for the .pc files that pkg-config uses for storing data about
toolchains.

For an example of using PKG_CONFIG_PATH, when I build the gtk+
libraries, I have several libs that are installed in non-standard
locations.  For example, I keep my glib installations installed at
/et/sw/opensource/glib/2.2.3, and the .pc files for the installation are
kept in /et/sw/opensource/glib/2.2.3/lib/pkgconfig, so I invoke
configure as:

sh PKG_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/pkg-config
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/et/sw/opensource/glib/2.2.3/lib/pkgconfig ./configure
--prefix=...

Hope this helps,
Aaron