Re-used a window and synchronization problem.

    I'm trying to do the following but I don't know how and if it's a good idea. I have a menu with some items, each of them do different things but some of them need the same type of  information from the user to complete its own job. So I create one  gtk_top_window than gets the information that I need. What I'm doing is connect the event of each item to a different callback function than first of all calls that first window to get information from users and continues doing  its own work.
    My problem is that as user should type the information an press a confirm button but callback fuction does not wait for that, the rest of the function have not the data to work with.How can I do this? .

Thank you in advance.