Re: Rotate label 90 degrees

NGP Languages wrote:
Happy New Year to ALL!

 "Egon Andersen" wrote:

Hi,

I'll like to insert a label that is rotated 90 degrees i.e. the label text is vertical and not horizontal.
How can I do this?

Because the text in a widget cann't be rotated,
you will have to create a pixmap picture that you can add to the label.
(I think this is the only way it can be done, isn't it?)

The text in my labels are not static (but semi static), so I'll need to be able to generate these within my application. I have some loose idea about how this could be done, but I'm still looking for how to do it using gtk, gdk and their friends.

My loose idea is:
1) make the label with horizontal text (gtk_label_new())
2) grab it as a pixmap (but how?)
3) rotate the pixmap (but how?)
4) insert rotated pixmap (probably using gtk_image_new_from_pixmap())

Is this feasible and how do I solve 2) and 3)?

Best regards
Egon Andersen