Re: Instructions for compiling with GTK under win32

> I have tried various combinations for compiling a test program under
> cygwin and MinGW. Can anyone provide me with a recipe for what they did
> for a successful compile of of a program using gtk under either
> environment?

with mingw, i use autotools, but you can begin by using this Makefile
(replace the name of the files, of course...):

# Makefile

OBJECTS = messages.o menu.o utils_gui.o gems.o

all: gems

CFLAGS = -Wall -O2 `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
WINFLAGS =  -mno-cygwin -mpentium -mms-bitfields -mwindows

# compilation
%.o : %.c
	gcc -c $(CFLAGS) $(WINFLAGS) $< -o $@

# linking
gems: $(OBJECTS)
	$(CC) $(OBJECTS) -o gems `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0`

clean:
	@rm -f *o gems

messages.o:  messages.h
menu.o:      menu.h