g_spawn_command_line_async and MinGW

Hi,

I've used g_spawn_command_line_async with success on Linux RH7.3 and have tried to make it work on MSWindows too. I've noticed the special 'syntax' to be used when a command-line is used on windows and tried a lot of different things, but I always end up with an GError:
domain: 543 (g-exec-error-quark)
code: 19 (G_SPAWN_ERROR_FAILED -- I think?)
message: Failed to execute helper program

actual program line is:
result = g_spawn_command_line_async("'C:\\Programmer\\mozilla.org\\Mozilla\\mozilla.exe'", &error);

I'm wondering if this is related to MinGW do not have fork()?

Any other idea about how to launch a heavy application from within my application on MSWindows? Maybe g_thread_create() and execl(), but that I can't make working on Linux RH7.3 -- I get "Real-time signal 1" after a while; the 'child' starts and the 'parent' dies. This was not what I wanted ;-)

Best regards
Egon Andersen