Re: Hello World link errors

On Mon, 2004-02-09 at 09:31, Fazly Fauzy wrote:
> I had managed to run the hello world program but I got this message
> here:
>

> ** (Test Interface.exe:4060): WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
> loaded modul
> es
> were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
> there was an error in the creation of:
>   'C:\WINDOWS\System32\etc\pango\pango.modules'
> You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
> Thank you for using this program.
> Bye!
> Press any key to continue
>
> How can I fix this?

Err...  try running pango-querymodules? :-)

In case it helps, Pango is the library that sits below GTK which handles
layout of the letters of a string; it's used by all kinds of text
rendering in GTK, for example when drawing the labels on buttons, for
menus etc (it doesn't actually do the drawing, it works out where each
character should go)

The modules are the plugins that handle each human language.  The file
that it mentions lists ranges of Unicode characters and specifies which
module handles those characters.

BTW, please send emails to the list in plain text form, rather than
ASCII.