Re: my doubt

<P>
hi members!<BR>
i am a student of engineering from india & i am using glade for developing the gui of my project.i have encountered a problem. My problem exactly is :Suppose i have created an application using glade2.In the source files(say, main.c) i create a character array (i.e. a storage space) & then i run the aplication. Now, when i click on a file icon while my application is running, i must get the full path of that file in my pre-allocated storage space.(for eg. if the file is q.c in directory /home/chaits/ , then when my application is running, if i click on the q.c's icon, i must get "/home/chiats/q.c" in the character array i created)<BR>
i asked this question on the glade mailing list & there i got one reply, saying that this is more a gtk question than a glade one. so i am asking this question on this mailing list. how do i achieve my goal??<BR>
anybody knows??<BR>
Regards,<BR>
Chaitanya.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>h.

Hai,

        Ur doubt is not clear to me. I think u show the icons of some files in a window and after clicking that icon u decided to get the pathe of that file in the system(or a particular dir or ur home directory i dont understand
what u mean). In this case i hope that the filename is known and using this file name we search the path. If ur aime is file selection use gtk_file_selection. Otherwise we use the system call and using the system call we search the file informaton using the file name.

Send ur exact requirement and after that i will replay correct function.

With regards

Manoj