my doubt

hi members!
i am a student of engineering from india & i am using glade for developing the gui of my project.i have encountered a problem. My problem exactly is :Suppose i have created an application using glade2.In the source files(say, main.c) i create a character array (i.e. a storage space) & then i run the aplication. Now, when i click on a file icon while my application is running, i must get the full path of that file in my pre-allocated storage space.(for eg. if the file is q.c in directory /home/chaits/ , then when my application is running, if i click on the q.c's icon, i must get "/home/chiats/q.c" in the character array i created)
i asked this question on the glade mailing list & there i got one reply, saying that this is more a gtk question than a glade one. so i am asking this question on this mailing list. how do i achieve my goal??
anybody knows??
Regards,
Chaitanya.