Re: g_filename_to/from_utf8()

Owen Taylor wrote:
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 17:24, Egon Andersen wrote:

On RH9:
locale gives
LANG=en_DK.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_DK.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

and env gives G_BROKEN_FILENAMES=1

So it seems that my locales should be okay, but not the G_BROKEN_FILENAMES

This combination gives you UTF-8 for the filename encoding. Please retry
your tests.

The main problem (atleast causing the problem on RH9) showed to be a call to setlocale() that was not restored correctly. To make it work on RH7 (and others) I've had to make some assumtions that if G_BROKEN_FILENAMES is not set, try g_locale_to/from_utf8() and if that failes, try ISO-8859-1. Now it is working on all platforms I have, eventhough I don't like to make the assumptions.

Best regards
Egon Andersen