Re: GTK and C# comparison: compare and contrast discussion

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 23:23 -0700, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is a request for someone to contrast the similarities in scope
> and differences between the following concepts:
>
> - GTK properties and C# properties

Basically the same thing.

> - GTK Quarks and C# enums

No relationship to each other. Studying
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Quarks.html will
explain
what a GLib quark is.

> I am assuming that these concepts are somewhat akin to each other.
>
> Furthermore I would like to ask whether GTK provides some support
> for component-based (as opposed to object-based) programming,
> and if so, then how is the component paradigm accomplished in GTK?

Is "component-based programming" anything but a meaningless buzzword?
If you want to put all your methods on interfaces (COM style, more or
less) you can certainly do that with GObject.

Regards,
					Owen