Compiling gtk demo

This question must have been answered before, but I can't find it on Google or the mailing list.

I have gtk2-2.4.0-1 on fedora core 2. I wan't to compile the ui_manager.c demo found in /usr/share/gtk-2.0/demo/ui_manager.c but it has no main() function, neither do the other demos. Are these working demos or just intended for source samples? Do I have to write a program to run these demos or is there already something available?

Cheers,
Joe