Re: GTK on Solaris 10

sigsegv rambler ru wrote:
Greetings, I have successfully installed gtk-2.6.0 on Solaris 10. I used gcc-3.4.2 to build all the packages. Everything was installed into /opt/pkg directory, below is a list of currently installed packages:

atk-1.9.0
coreutils-5.2.1
expat-1.95.8
fontconfig-2.2.97
freetype-2.1.9
gawk-3.1.4
gcc-3.4.2
glib-2.6.0
gmake-3.80
grep-2.5
gtk+-2.6.0
jpeg-6b
libpng-1.2.8
pango-1.8.0
pkgconfig-0.15.0
tar-1.14
tiff-v3.6.1
xft-2.1.2
xrender-0.8.3

The problem is when I try to run a demo gtk program, I get the following errors:

# ./gtk-demo

(gtk-demo:27321): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module file '/opt/pkg/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders': No such file or directory

(gtk-demo:27321): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/opt/pkg/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

Well I just figured out how to fix it:

pango-querymodules 2> /dev/null > /opt/pkg/etc/pango/pango.modules