Re: Distorted image display, irix 6.5.26 and gtk+-2.4.14

Knut Hellebø (Knut Hellebo nho hydro com) wrote*:

>I recently compiled the gtk2.4.14 package on a Sgi Octane2 running IRIX
>6.5.26. Compilation went fine, but when running the demos, the icons
>(and other images) seems to be somewhat distorted, ie containing a lot
>of "tiny dots". This also happened when I compiled ethereal; the icons
>do not look normal, they contain the same "tiny dots" as described
>above. If I use a imageviewer, the sample png images look fine.
>Can someone enlighten me here ?

What colordepth is the default visual of your display ? (Use xdpyinfo to find out).
If the default visual is an 8-bit visual, you might be seeing dithering effects
where some other application might be asking for a visual with more colors and hence
not have to do the dithering.

I don't know what the default behaviour is of gtk+/gdk here so I might be completely
off base though...

/Daniel