Re: Checking versions

Merci Jean. I tried it and I got
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

This means that it is not installed but I also found that /usr/lib/gtk-2.0 folder exists so i'm perplexed if the program was installed but it's just missing that  gtk+-2.0.pc or if the gtk installed is an old version. If it is how can I find which version it is. Anybody can shed some light on that. I am really new at installing stuff for linux so my questions may be weirdly phrase. Bear with it. Thanks
Amish

Jean Bréfort <jean brefort normalesup org> wrote:
Le vendredi 03 décembre 2004 à 11:57 -0800, amish gtk a écrit :
> Hi
> I was wondering if there is any way to check if I have gtk or gtk+
> installed. Thanks
> Amish

pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0