how to access a widget ?

Hello,

I have made a program which shows a table with buttons, created like this

for (i=0; i < vertical - 1; i++)
{ ............. etc.
  ...........etc. ....etc.......
 for (j=1; j < vertical; j++)
 {
   if (i < j)
   {
    button = gtk_button_new ();
    gtk_button_set_label ( (GtkButton *) button , " ");
    gtk_table_attach_defaults (GTK_TABLE (table), button , 1 + j, 2 + j, 1 + i, 2 + i);
g_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT(button), "clicked", (GCallback) toggle_location_event, GINT_TO_POINTER (sum(i)+j));
   }
 }
}

I have a call-back function toggle_location_event which can change the text of the button which is pressed. Now I also want to change the text of a button that is not pressed ( in toggle_location_event). I know the location i and j of that button, but I don't know how to change the text because I don't have the object-name myself (because I use button = gtk_button_new () lots of times to create more widgets which don't have unique names).

How can I retrieve the widget from the known location so I can change the text on the button ?

Thanks in advance, Edward