Sliders and mousewheel

Hi!

Currently a slider reacts on mouse wheel when the pointer is
in it's area. With horizontal sliders, wheeling up (away from
you) results in the handle moving to the left! This feels
backwards, not only to me personaly.

Given this, the same action, wheeling up results in value increase
on vertical sliders, but value decrease on horizontal sliders.
Same gesture, but opposite effect. And the mapping for vertical
sliders is obviously corect, just like everybody would expect
it to be.

Now QT and, as I have been told, Windows implement the same
behaviour.

I asume the behaviour was thought out for scrollbars and transfered
to sliders.

With scrollbars scrolling lets say a table, the vertical scrollbar
has top = start, bottom = end. Horizontal scrollbar left = start,
right = end. Wheeling up on vertical sliders means scrolling
toward the vertical start. Wheeling up on the horizontal slider
should therefor mean scrolling to the horizontal start -> scrolling
left.

But sliders are not tied to a scrollable area, just some value.
The same gesture should show the same result, that means wheeling
up should increase the value in both cases.
Another way to look at it: Given the highest value is on the top
of vertical sliders and on the right of horizontal ones, horizontal
sliders can be thought of being rotated 90 degress clockwise.
Same rotation should be applied to the wheel-direction mapping.

So I would like to ask for the horizontal slider mouse wheel
mapping to be changed to up-> right, down->left.

---
Thorsten Wilms