How to hide the window cross and force a window to be first displayed ?

Hi,

I am currently achieving a project with a GUI development part under
Linux RedHat. I still have to solve the following ergonomics problems :

1. I would like to hide the cross at the right top of the window ( created with gtk_window_new ). I have not found any idea yet, except by connecting a "delete-event" signal with an appropriate callback to avoid the window closing. Is there any other method to do it ? ( comparable to gtk_window_set_resizable( window, FALSE) for the Maximize Window button ).

2. I have several windows opened while my GUI is running. Some are hidden by other windows created later. How to force a given window to be the first one visible by the user ? ... For the moment, I have to select the desired window using the task bar ...

Thank you for your help,

Jecee.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis. Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !