Learning Gdk

Hi,

I would like to learn Gdk programming for a couple of simple projects that do not require the full use of gtk2 (no application windows, just drawing a few images onto the screen and mouse interaction). Could someone direct me to resources on the Internet I could use? How did the current Gdk programmers learn its use?

I've done some searching and some replies to similar questions seem to say none exists and that today's current crop of Gdk developers will be the last to fully know the system.
--

*Richard Neal Plana, B.Sc., CCNA*
Lead Software Engineer