Pixmaps within GtkTreeViews, GtkTreeModels, GtkTreeStores, etc

How can I put a GtkPixMap (not a GtkPixBUF) into a GtkTreeView or TreeStore actually and have it show up on the View?

this was pretty easy to do in cTrees and cLists, but as far as I can tell, it's impossible to do in a GtkTreeView.  The reason I would rather use a PixMap is because it's stored on the server, whereas a pixBUF is on the client.  If I'm wrong about that, let me know, and I'll just figure out how to use a GtkPixBuf instead.

Many thanks,
-Rich