Re: Signal handlers

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 02:53:49PM +0200, Michael Natterer wrote:
> Daniel Nilsson <daniel oden homeip net> writes:
>
> > I have a question on signal handlers, in a gtk application should I
> > use the normal libc functions for handling signals such as SIGINT or
> > do I need to take anything else in consideration.
> >
> > I.e. can I just call this in main() before gtk_main to install a
> > signal handler for SIGINT that will go off and clear up some hardware
> > registers before the application terminates;
> >
> >  signal(SIGINT, termination_handler);
>
> That will work, however you should never ever (!) use signal().
> use sigaction() instead if you want reliable signal handling.

Thanks, are you saying that even if the only thing I want to do is
reset a few registers before the application exits I should use
sigaction ? What problems could signal give me ? The reason for
asking is that I have an implementation already with signal which
seems to work fine, what kind of testing should I do that could
trigger a problem ?

Thanks
--
Daniel Nilsson