GTK+ Mac OS X port

Hi all,
I am looking for a GTK+ port for Mac OS X. I've seen
two projects: GTK+OSX and Gtk-Quartz.

What I've understand is:

- GTK+OSX is based on GTK+ version 1.2 or something.
So I suppose this is not a GDK port. I uses Carbon,
which is quite slow, since it was designed to port old
Mac OS 9 apps on Mac OS X.

- Gtk-Quartz is a GDK port on Mac OS X (I'm I right?).
I've don't really understand if it is based on Cocoa
(so it won't be a GDK port?) or on Quartz (low-level
Mac OS X graphic library). With it, any version of
GTK+ must work fine on Mac OS X(?).

Then to me, it seems that Gtk-Quartz has more future,
since it seems to be a port like the GTK+ Windows
port. I'm I right on all this?

Last question: at which stage are these projects, can
we soon use our everyday GTK+ apps on Mac OS X?
Thanks,
Victor