How to show Pixmaps!!!

My problem is this:

I know how to create, pack and show gtkpixmaps but i
have encounter problem that i can only see my pixmaps
when i run my applicacion from the console
(./myapplicacion); if run my app by clicking in the
executable it runs ok but without showing the pixmaps,
instead of showing the pixmaps it put a square with
and x. Can this problem be solved?. I hope that anyone
would help me

                               Ibrox