Re: Show window without it grabbing focus

Hi Danny,

There are two things you could try:

1. Try gtk_window_set_accept_focus (GTK_WINDOW(widget), FALSE) before showing the window.

2. Try gdk_window_show(widget->window), or, if the window is already open, gdk_window_raise(widget->window).

Regards,

   Steffen

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

Hi,

I've been wondering if it is possible to show a window without having it
get the input focus.

Kinda like a tooltip, just that it is shown per code. (wouldnt hurt if
it could be more flexible with more stuff packed in it though)

Purpose is that I want to create a tray message display thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

cheers,
  Danny