Re: Manual compiling

That's me again.

In fact, I'm not sure you're able to read my messages. Can you? ;)

So, seems that i've found out the problem...

That's an output of pango configure script:

"Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'
No package 'xft' found"

Also I've found out that Xft and Xrender (that name looks very funny for a
Russian ear (-:   ) are parts of XFree86. My XFree is 4.1, ant there are no
such packages in my stable distro. Still, they exist in testing distro, but
they are linked to XFree 4.3, so I can't install them.

It seems that these two libraries exist only as a part of Xfree (xc/lib/*)
and can't be installed like usual libs (configure, make, make install)

So is there any way to compile the latest version of GTK+ on my system with
Xfree86 4.1?

--
Astarot.

ICQ: 241785226