Item Factory Deprecation

I like Item Factory.  I've always found it an elegant way of defining simple menus quickly,
simply and easily, so I was dissapointed to find in the Gtk-2.x documentation that it's now
considered deprecated.

I've been using GTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED to weed out the old stuff from a Gtk-1.2
app I'm converting over to Gtk-2.x and I noticed that it doesn't complain about my
Item Factory menus...

So what's the deal?  Is it *really* deprecated?  Can I continue to use it in good conscience,
or am I going to have to look into one of the other (seemingly more complex!)  methods of
menu creation?

--
David J. Singer
doc deadvirgins org uk