Right list for question about gtk app won't compile?

I understand that gtk+2.2 and gtk+2.4 are supposed to be binary compatible, but I'm having some problems.

When I install gtk+2.2, d4x runs fine, and I can rebuild it.

When I install gtk+2.4, d4x fails on startup and I can't build it.

keeping atk, glib2, and gtk consistent, of course; not just swapping gtk!

Other gtk+ apps (ex. pan, gimp) seem to build and execute fine.

Before posting output of $nt (command for d4x) and the output of make, is this the appropriate list for such a question?

I have emailed the author of d4x but had no response.  I don't think there are any mailing lists for d4x.