Pango usage

Hi,

I've recently discovered Pango and I think it might be just what I've
been looking for. I'm new to this list so please excuse me if this is
the wrong place to ask or this question has popped up before.

I'm looking for a library that can convert text into a bunch of glyph
outlines. The text is in UTF-8, and the library should give me an
array/list/whatever which contains all glyph outlines of the rendered
text. (The outlines are going to be used for creating polygons for
rendering with OpenGL, i.e. I'm not interested in pixelized
rendering.) I think Pango can do it, but the question is: how.

I've taken a brief look at the Pango docs and don't quite know where
to start. Could anyone give me an idea of what steps are involved and
if Pango is the right thing to use?

Please Cc: the reply as I'm not subscribed.

Thanks a lot,

  Andras