closing a window

hi!
i have developed an application using gtk2.0.in my application,along with other windows, there's a window with a button on it.i want to destroy this window when i click the button. i tried using gtk_widget_destroy, with (gpointer)window as the function to be called when the button is clicked, but it destroys just the button & not the whole window.i don't want to CLOSE my application, so i cant use gtk_main_quit.what shall i do?is there a function using which i can do this??i want to click a button in a window & that window should be destroyed. Please help!!!
-chaitanya.

-----
IN A WORLD WITHOUT WALLS & FENCES,
WHO NEEDS WINDOWS & GATES?