RE: Performance problems with 8-bit display

Hi Brian,

Well, it's been a while since I used an 8-bit X Server myself, and I'm
not sure if I ever played with GTK+ programming on one.  As far as
X though, you may need to persue using a private color map for your
application.

You mentioned the colors are not correct.  Do they become correct when
you focus on that window? (The wm you use may have a little influence also).
I can't think of anything useful to say regarding the slow rendering.

With 256 colors available, it is still quite possible to achieve fantastic
results, but you will probably be limited to what apps you can run
simultaneously, with the colors remaining "correct",  even when the
windows are not in focus.

I'm looking forward to what the other folks have to say also...

John Miskinis

http://conquest.palmside.com/miskinix/

<< X Server Log removed intentionally >>

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp