Re: Top-levels embedded in another top-level?

íÉÈÁÉÌ é×ÁÎÏ× wrote:

>         Work area should contain a number of other possibly overlapping
>         windows (with frame and title). These windows should be modal
>         (actually they are arranged as stack and only top-level window
>         can be active). But the buttons from the main window (global
>         buttons) should still be usable.
Use a GtkNotebook.

> Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Forget about MDI (Multi Document Interface) like in windoze.
I's A Bad Thing (TM). You can find many references online.

If you have independent "documents", use GtkNotebook (my preferred and
IMHO quite idiot-proof -- my mother RARELY does something on the wrong
document this way) or separate top level windows (like Gimp -- more
error-prone but might look better to windoze users...).

BYtE,
 Diego.