Re: compiling glib with cygwin

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 11:30, Roger Leigh wrote:
>> "gregt" <gregt artistech com> writes:
>>
>> > I never solved it and gave up.
>> [...]
>> > From what I have seen there are many developers that have the same
>> > problem in compiling glib/gtk+ with Cygwin. It does'nt work out of the box and
>> > the dependencies are not worked out and not documented.
>>
>> I persevered, and I've now successfully built:
>>
>> GLib       (2.2.3)
>> Atk        (1.2.4)
>> Pango      (1.2.5)
>> Gtk+       (2.2.4)
>> libglade   (2.0.1)
>> SigC++     (1.2.5)
>> Gtkmm      (2.2.9)
>> libglademm (2.1.3)
>>
>> I'll have the patches cleaned up in a few days, and I can post them
>> then.  I'll also redo them for GTK+ 2.4 and file bugs in bugzilla.  Is
>> it worth filing bugs against 2.2.x, or is it now effectively dead?
>> i.e. will there be any further 2.2.x releases?
>
> There will be no further 2.2.x releases.

ACK.  I'm slowly porting them to 2.4.  Today I finally got glib "make
check" to complete without error.  DLL exports, charset issues and
broken threading caused the most grief.

For those interested, there's a whole stack of patches and commentary
in Bugzilla.  It's in the win32 component of the glib module.  They
are all titled "[cygwin ..."

I'll try and get Atk and Pango done this weekend (they should be
easier).  Hopefully I'll have GTK+ and then Gtkmm done within a
fortnight (GTK+ was the nastiest of the lot for 2.2).  Maybe we'll
have full Cygwin support for 2.4.1 :-).

Regards,
Roger

--