Re: Setting fixed-width font

Hi Egon,
> I have a widget (actually a GtkLabel, but it may be changed later) for
> which I want use fixed-width font.
>
> Is there a simple way to achieve this?
yes it is. You can modify the font of any widget like this:

  PangoFontDescription *font_desc = pango_font_description_from_string(
    "Fixed 12");
  gtk_widget_modify_font(pGTKLabel, font_desc);
  pango_font_description_free(font_desc);

This will completely override the old font attributes. If you only want to
change the font from "Helvetica" or whatever it is to "Fixed" and keep the
other attributes (style and font size) but you don't already know
them, this is a bit more complicated. I never tried it, but I think
something like this could work:
First you must get the current PangoFontDescription from the
widget's style. Then get the description string for it ( char*
pango_font_description_to_string(const PangoFontDescription *desc); ) and
exchange the font name with "Fixed". When you got that you can
create a new PangoFontDescription and modify the widget as explained
above.

Regards...Peter
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Mageburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.