dynmically growing GtkTreeView from MySQL DB?

I'm writing an app that uses MySQL (currently but could use Unix ODBC
later) as a backend. On one of the Data Entry screens, I want to show a
treeview of the list of people added or are in the DB. I need the list
to display quickly and be updated as new people are added. The TreeView
set up as a list as opposed to a tree.

Additionally, I want the data entry person to be able to double-click on
an entry and edit it in the data entry portion of the window, which
means I need fast retrieval of that information.

How really should I handle this? In particularly the dynamically growing
nature of the view?

Any and all help is greatly and urgently requested and appreciated.

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca