Re: why is gtk install so difficult?

Hi,

Russell Shaw <rjshaw iprimus com au> writes:

> You could make an autoconf macro to check the ld.so version from
> ldconfig -V.

And how would I know that the user has libraries installed that are
linked with a different and incompatible linker? The problem is not
that GTK+ would depend on a specific version of the linker; that would
be easy to check indeed. The problem is that the user messed up his
system by mixing libraries compiled with incompatible linker versions.
(At least that's what I believe to be the culprit). If you want to
investigate this further, I suggest you look at the ld source code and
grep for the particular error message.

Sven