Re: why is gtk install so difficult?

> But still it's only something that developers of GTK+ should need to do.
> Other people don't need to compile from source. I see no problem.

That is just wrong.  It's fundementally counter to the essense of free software.
It draws to the conclusion that end users are inherently stupid, and unable
to comprehend the basics of software design and compilation. And it is a
conclussion that is not founded on fact, as we can see with hundreds of
equally complex projects which do compile rationally.`

Frankly, its a abussive attitude

Brooklyn Linux Solutions
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS - Consulting <-- Happy Clients - Leadership Development in Free Software - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles from around the net - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....