Re: why is gtk install so difficult?
- From: Ruben Safir Secretary NYLXS <ruben mrbrklyn com>
- To: Murray Cumming Comneon com
- Cc: ruben mrbrklyn com, dlloyd microbits com au, learfox twu net, gtk-list gnome org, hangout nylxs com
- Subject: Re: why is gtk install so difficult?
- Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:13:39 -0400
> But still it's only something that developers of GTK+ should need to do.
> Other people don't need to compile from source. I see no problem.
That is just wrong. It's fundementally counter to the essense of free software.
It draws to the conclusion that end users are inherently stupid, and unable
to comprehend the basics of software design and compilation. And it is a
conclussion that is not founded on fact, as we can see with hundreds of
equally complex projects which do compile rationally.`
Frankly, its a abussive attitude
Brooklyn Linux Solutions
DRM is THEFT - We are the STAKEHOLDERS http://fairuse.nylxs.com
http://www.mrbrklyn.com - Consulting
http://www.inns.net <-- Happy Clients
http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/resources - Unpublished Archive or stories and articles from around the net
http://www2.mrbrklyn.com/downtown.html - See the New Downtown Brooklyn....
] [Thread Prev