data between windows?

I'm writing an application that uses a lot of data entry features with a
MySQL (currently) back end. One of my data entry screens also includes a
find button. Clicking the find button brings up another small window to
type a portion of the client phone number. This in turn will bring up a
dialog with a list of matching results (not yet implemented). The person
doing the data entry would then select the correct client and have the
data appear in the data entry window for updating purposes.

My question is, what do you folks think is the best way to accomplish
this? I'd like to reuse the same window for find/update as I do for
entry/add as that window is often already open. But I need to get data
from a dialog that appears later BACK into my data entry window.

Thoughts?

--
 .''`.      Carl B. Constantine
: :' :     duckwing duckwing ca