style modifications for GtkEntry and GtkScrolledWindow

Hello,
I want to modify the style of some widgets with gtk_widget_modify_style().
This works well most of the time, but I have 2 little problems:
1) The cursor in a GtkEntry is always drawn black. This doesn't match to
   the color scheme we would like to use. How can I change the cursor
   color?
2) I changed the style of a GtkScrolledWindow and the styles of its
   internal children hscrollbar and vscrollbar. I added my child which
   shall be scrolled with gtk_scrolled_window_add_with_viewport() and
   changed its style too. After these style changes I still have a gray
   colored frame around my child widget which I would like to match to the
   new background color. How can I change the color of that frame?

When I use gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type() a second frame (with the
correct colors) around the gray one will be added, which doesn't make
much sense to me. I expected that there should be only one frame which
can then be modified with gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type(). The API
docs also say, that the frame around the child is only optionally drawn.
So am I right that this is a bug in GtkScrolledWindow and that the gray
frame shouldn't be there at all?
I'm using gtk+ 2.2.2 on linux.

Regards...Peter
Peter Krüger

applied software solutions (appss) GmbH
Sandtorstr. 23
D-39106 Magdeburg
Germany

Phone:  +49-(0)391-54486-19388
Fax:    +49-(0)391-54486-19222
email:  krueger appss de

Managing Director: Uwe Hess, Dietmar Schäfer
Register: HRB12386, AG Mageburg

"Virtual business becomes reality!"

e-mail is strictly forbidden.