gdk-pixbuf-0.9.0 overwritten by gtk-2.x causes problems

Hi!
I just want to describe the problem and how I solved it without subscribing!
I wanted to compile Gnome in its newest version and followed the instructed
package installation order. This and this and gtk+-2.0 and this and the
other.
Suddenly I got a message when compiling libbonoboui that there's a parse
problem in my gdk-pixbuf.h.
...parse error before GdkRGBDither
I searched hours and nights and came to the end, that it hadn't been a problem
in my headers but must be a configuration problem.
I deleted every file containing *gdk* or *gtk* to kill possible previous
installation with some mystic files.
Nor help!
But the I recognized that gdk-pixbuf-0.9.0.tar.gz in my /usr/src, configured
it (it's necessary to use the same prefix as years ago, eventually try /usr
AND /usr/local) and the did an make uninstall, typed make install in my gtk
+-2.0-source-dir and wow, it work.
If this very inpossible event of the same constellation appears at your pc,
this might help you (I still don't know, which *.m4 or *.pc or whatever
caused this).
Much luck!
cu Nicolai Stange (nic-stange t-online de)